A Walk Through The Bible In One Year
Bringing the Story to Life
Week 10 reading plan per day:
Click on the colored link to read each day’s scripture.
Monday (Deuteronomy 17-19) Tuesday (Deuteronomy 20-22)Wednesday (Deut 23-25) Thursday (Deut 26-27)
Friday (Deut 28-30) Saturday (Deut 31-32)
Sunday (Deuteronomy 33-34)
We have a young friend coming for Easter dinner this Sunday. I thought about making an Easter basket loaded with the usual chocolate bunnies and marshmallow peeps. Then I was walking around the grocery store and what in the world do you think ended up in my basket? This isn’t a trick question — it has happened before…. I do love flavored marshmallows!
Since my little friend will get plenty of chocolate sweets I decided to make some Rice Krispie eggs with jelly bean insides! Truthfully, I never imagined how the flavor of strawberry marshmallow rice krispie and jelly beans would pop! but pop! they do! I filled a little plastic egg half full.
Then added the jelly beans into the middle.
Fill the other half and squish!
The fruity sweetness of the jelly beans melt a little into the rice krispie treat and the flavor is great! I added a little colored frosting for fun.
I have this cute little bunny who watches over a variety of equally cute eggs and I just couldn’t resist plating a few of my krispie eggs.
It only takes a few minutes to stir up the krispies and just a little longer to make these darling treats! Happy Easter!
- 6 cup Rice Krispie Cereal
- 10 oz Marshmallows
- ¼ cup Butter, softened
- 16-30 Jelly Beans
- 1 cup Butter
- 16 oz Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Milk
- Place butter and marshmallows in a microwaveable bowl and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until marshmallows are melted and mixed with butter.
- Into marshmallow mixture stir 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal. Gently blend until the mashmallows are well mixed.
- Fill plastic egg halfway with krispie mixture.
- Add 1 or 2 jelly beans into the middle of the krispie egg.
- Fill the other half of the egg with krispie mixture and squish egg together making sure the krispie surrounds the jelly beans and seal. Remove from mold.
- Place powdered sugar in a mixing bowl or food processor. Add cold butter, vanilla, and ½ the milk. Processor until well mixed. Add just enough milk to make the frosting piping consistency. Decorate eggs.