This is the Verse of the Day from BibleGateway.com. It is one of my favorite verses and a perfect way to begin a Saturday, don’t you think?
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.Philippians 4:8 NIV
My Chief Culinary Consultant flew to New York City this week to help our friends, Russ and Catherine at Hephzibah House. They will be leaving the House to attend a conference on prayer and my sweet Lee agreed to stay at Hephzibath House and help the staff while Russ and Catherine are away. I miss him already.
Earlier this month Russ and Catherine were driving between Indiana and Nashville when a snowy winter storm blew them southward to our home. They needed a place to land for a couple of days so they could wait out the storm and then fly back to New York City!
It happened during a of couple days that I had set aside to work on a teaching lecture for Community Bible Study. Catherine and Russ totally blessed us by showing up with armloads of groceries and announcing that for the next two days they would take care of us! As I retreated to my workroom to study and write, they filled the house with laughter and lots of cooking!
She agreed to share the recipe with you! I have made it since then and shared with our neighbors. I added a touch of Cavender’s All Purpose Greek Seasoning because I have trouble leaving well enough alone! I sure hope the Russians and the Greeks don’t mind! 🙂
Bon Appétit and have a blessed weekend,
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon HUNGARIAN paprika (or to taste)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cans cream if mushroom soup
- 1 jar of mushrooms (size to taste)
- ½ cup Sour cream
- 1 Teaspoon All-purpose Seasoning* Optional
- Saute' onion in small amount of oil until onions are transparent.
- Add beef and brown. Drain off grease.
- Add paprika, mushrooms and any favorite seasoning.
- Add 2 cans cream if mushroom soup and simmer 25 minutes, stirring regularly.
- About 10 minutes before serving add sour cream, keep heat low until ready to serve.
- Serve over egg noodles which you can start boiling water for when you start to cook the stroganoff, timing works out well!
- Mix the two together if you have a large group, but otherwise you can keep noodles separate and put stroganoff on top.
- I usually Serve a pineapple salad and rolls with this as a meal.
- Bon Apetite!
HUNGARIAN Paprika makes a difference as well.