There are kazillions of recipes being posted from wall to wall on Facebook. I drool over them just like you do. But, just like you, I can’t cook or bake or EAT everything out there. Today, we’re going to be cooking Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast! This is a MUST TRY recipe for any bacon lover.
Occasionally I stop, read a recipe, and then print it out. Sometimes, I end up cooking it, and sometimes I don’t. I am not certain if all the stars aligned or what, but when I discovered wrapping things in bacon completely changes a regular meal for the better, I knew I had to step up my baked chicken. Or, I’m just hungry at that moment. Maybe a little bit of all three. 🙂
Here is the shortlist of ingredients to make the best Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast:
- Chicken breast – always, well usually, in my freezer
- Cream cheese – got it
- Chopped green onion – just happen to have some that needs to be used
- Hot pepper jack cheese – let’s give it a small kick
- Bacon – always available from the freezer
One pound of chicken breast is either one large breast with a thin film-holding each half together or an already cut breast that yields two halves. When each half is cut in half you will have four 4 ounce pieces, which is a very nice serving size when wrapped in bacon.
We, the Chief, my sous-chef dish-washing mom and I, LOVE stuffed chicken breast. Enuf said.
This recipe – What a surprise!! My new favorite stuffed chicken breast. If the cream cheese and pepper jack don’t do it for you, the bacon will put this over the top! The chicken stays very moist as it cooks and the pepper jack cheese will melt and the cream cheese will keep a little form. (If you can’t buy pepper jack where you live, any favorite meltable cheese works.) The bacon – well it crisps up beautifully. I turned these over and broiled the bottoms to crisp the bacon a little more.
I will be wrapping these bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed chicken breasts up for a Christmas party or two for sure, and recommend you do the same at your next event.
Have you tried our delicious Bacon Wrapped Mozzarella Sticks?
If you are a “chicken-eater” like I am, don’t stop with just this recipe – check out how to reheat chicken or reheat wings by Emily at Cooking Chew!
- 1 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 4 - 4-ounce pieces
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 4 to 8 pieces of bacon
- Cut chicken into 4 equal size pieces. Pound breast so it is about 1/4" thick.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, chopped green onion, and pepper jack cheese. Put 1/4 of this mixture into the middle of each piece of chicken.
- Starting at the long side, roll chicken breast up, keeping the cheese mixture to the middle.
- Wrap 1 to 2 slices of bacon around the chicken breast, secure with a toothpick, if needed.
- Place on baking sheet (with an edge on it) or a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Broil topside for about 5 minutes to fully brown and crisp bacon. Turn each breast over and broil for another 3 minutes or so to crisp up the bottom side.
- Serve immediately.
- One piece of bacon wrapped around each breast is enough. But 2 pieces of bacon for each breast fully wraps the chicken and is outstanding as well.
- 1 lb. of chicken usually equals one large chicken breast cut in half. Cut each half in half again and you will have four 4 ounce pieces.
- This recipe is very adaptable to being basted with your favorite grilling sauce, marinade, chili sauce, or sweet and sour sauce during baking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 560mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 46g
p.s. I have found that some “big appetites” like a second helping of this main dish. Be prepared and make plenty of bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed chicken breasts to go around!
let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!
For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.