When the Brown Eyed Baker posted this dessert recipe I was totally captivated by her pictures. It was the first of August and I had children and grandchildren arriving in just a few days. I was in meal planning mode.
What I didn’t know was choosing to make this dessert is one of the best recipe decisions I’ve made this summer. Okay, maybe one of the best decisions I’ve made this YEAR!
Ya, it is just that good. And did I say “fast and easy?”
One layer of store-bought ice cream sandwiches, a layer of caramel. A quick freeze. Another layer of ice cream sandwiches, a layer of fudge. Another quick freeze. Add Cool Whip. Freeze.
A red cherry with chopped pecans or peanuts. You choose!
A 9″ x 13″ pan made 18 servings. There were six of us here that week. We ate it 3 times. And each time we were lamenting how it would soon be gone!
For my Community Bible Study leaders… I plan to make this for our fellowship meal. You can start thinking about it now. 🙂
Thank you, Michelle, the Brown Eyed Baker for this over-the-top flavor sensation idea!
“How sweet are Your words to my taste! Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!”
- 24 ice cream sandwiches (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 (12-ounce) jar of caramel topping
- 1 (12-ounce) jar of fudge topping
- 1 (8-ounce) Cool Whip
- Chopped peanuts or pecans
- Maraschino cherries
- In a 9x13 pan, line the bottom with 12 ice cream sandwiches. You may need to cut them to make them fit.
- Use the entire jar of caramel topping to cover the top of the ice cream sandwiches.
- Place it in your freezer for 10-15 minutes to harden.
- Now place the other 12 ice cream bars on top of the caramel layer as you did in step #1.
- Use the entire jar of fudge to cover the top of the ice cream sandwich bars.
- Spread Cool Whip over the top of the dessert.
- Place in the freezer until time to serve!
- Serve with chopped peanuts or pecans and don't forget the maraschino cherry on top.
*The dessert can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 month.
** I used dark chocolate fudge topping and the dark chocolate isn't as sweet as the milk chocolate and we loved it!