Pray Cook Blog is the new name of my blog featuring recipes and scriptures that are part of my day. I changed the name to make it easier for folks to remember. As this blog has gained viewers it is a bit cumbersome to share and remember such a long blog name as While My Daily Bread Body And Soul. I love it and really appreciate when you take time to forward my blog and share with others. I now have followers from around the country and it is fun and exciting to see the viewership growing. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You will also notice that my recipe is in a new format. If you want to print the recipe you can print it without all this rambling attached. Do you like this format?
Today’s recipe is an absolute favorite of mine. I can count on it turning out perfect every time. This is the time of year when Saturday and Sunday mornings can find everyone gathered around the table with laughter, good conversation and a special breakfast treat. This is such a treat. Enjoy!
Praline French Toast - New Orleans Style
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 12 thick slices French Bread
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Combine eggs, milk, and cinnamon with a whisk until well mixed.
- Slice french bread into nice thick slices.
- Dip each piece of bread in this mixture, coating each side evenly.
- Heat griddle to 350 to 400 degrees, brush well with butter. Fry the bread on a hot griddle in butter. Use plenty of butter to make these nice and brown.
- When cooked on both sides, place each slice in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Spread on praline mixture and place French toast under the broiler until the mixture is bubbling.
This was a favorite recipe at our bed and breakfast and it continues to be a family favorite today! We usually serve with hot maple syrup on the side.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 843Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 213mgSodium: 1259mgCarbohydrates: 127gFiber: 5gSugar: 39gProtein: 27g
Nutrition may vary depending on your exact ingredients.