Got 30 minutes? Wanna have some fun? Then you can make these crazy dipped pretzels! Gather the kids and make this a family time. I gathered my sous-chef dish-washing mom and we had a blast.
Mixing white almond bark and white chocolate semi-sweet chips makes for a rich candy coat. We did the same with the chocolate. Dip, swirl, sprinkle. Dip, swirl, sprinkle.
We spread out tin foil on the counter just to help catch our mess. The counter was protected, the floor was another story — mom 🙂 We used pretzels sticks and rods. Both turned out well. The sticks are good for kids to eat and the rods will fill-up the bigger kids!
We sprinkled crushed peppermint (my favorite) as well as a variety of multicolored candies and chocolate sprinkles. The most colorful ended up being decorated from the “everything” piles our sprinkling created!
DON’T FORGET — the cookbook giveaway continues until Wednesday night. Details at the bottom of this post…
- 8 oz (1 cup) Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Milk Chocolate or White Chocolate Morsels
- 4 chunks (8 oz) Chocolate Almond Bark
- 16 pretzel rods or 32 stick pretzels
- Sprinkles (optional)
- LINE baking sheet with wax paper.
- MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels and chocolate almond bark in small, dry, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- DIP pretzel rods about 3 inches into melted morsels, tilting bowl to easily dip. Use side of bowl to remove excess. Sprinkle with morsels or sprinkles. Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Store in airtight container at room temperature. Best when eaten within a few days.
• Pretzels may be dipped and drizzled in any variety of melted morsels for different looks. For example, dip them in semi-sweet chocolate and drizzle them with melted white morsels. Or dip them in milk chocolate and drizzle them with melted semi-sweet chocolate.
• Above recipe can easily be doubled, but it is not recommended microwaving more than 2 cups of morsels at one time.
To enter to win, simply leave a comment on this post.
You can receive up to FOUR additional entries to win by doing the following:
2. Become a fan of My Daily Bread Body and Soul on Facebook. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment.
3. Follow My Daily Bread Body and Soul on Pinterest. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment.
4. Follow Me on Twitter. Come back and let me know you started following on Twitter.
Deadline: Wednesday, December 19, at 11:59pm CST.
Winner: The winner will be chosen at random using Random.org and announced at the top of this post on Thursday, December 20.
Disclaimer: This giveaway is sponsored by Pray Cook Blog, My Daily Bread Body and Soul. Good luck!
Merry Christmas and keep on cooking!