Affiliate Disclosure: I receive a small commission for purchases made via affiliate links.
I am absolutely crazy about this dessert! It is so simple to make, I actually made it and baked it while I was preparing our dinner the other night. When my sous chef dish-washing mom and the Chief realized there was something in the oven they both got pretty excited. I haven’t been baking much lately and so a fresh blueberry tart was a huge hit!
What I really like about this recipe is that it is low sugar and high on berry flavor. I started with the berries, a little corn starch and a little white sugar mixed together and spooned into the bottom of these little glass tart dishes.
Then I mixed up a topping of flour, oats, brown sugar and butter. I used the pastry blender but I could have also crumble this in my food processor or with my fingers!
I placed 6 small 4 1/2″ tart dishes on a baking sheet and it is a good thing I did! These little rascals spilled a little juice over the edge as they bubbled and baked.
They only take 20 minutes to bake and are ready to eat after just cooling a bit.
Just because we think everything goes better with real whipped cream I served with a dollop on the side.
Blueberries are plentiful this time of the year and very good for you. I started Googling nutritional information to share and let me just say – there is a ton of it out there and it is all good!
Hope you have a berry good week!
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 tart shells - about 4 to 5" each, Can use packaged graham cracker tart shells also
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- Ice cream or whipped cream optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- In a bowl, toss blueberries with sugar and cornstarch. Lightly spray non-stick cooking spray in 6 tart dishes. If using prepackaged graham cracker tart shells no spray is necessary.
- In a small bowl mix flour, oats, brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberries distributing evenly between 6 dishes.
- Place tarts on a baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Top with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.