My friend Peggy shared a post on her wall with a picture and recipe for Loaded Cauliflower. It caught my attention because I just happened to have a head of cauliflower in my refrigerator. You know what I mean? Any other day I might have looked past it, but not that day because I needed to cook up a head of cauliflower.
I changed the loaded broccoli and cauliflower recipe a bit. I added broccoli. I LOVE broccoli! Do you? I added caramelized onions – for the same reason. Yum. I told Peggy I was going to “lighten” it a little. I didn’t really make that happen, instead, I cranked up the flavor a bunch with the caramelized onions.
When I printed out the recipe from Facebook it did not print the full version of the recipe and so I am sorry I don’t know the exact source of this recipe, but after a few modifications with some of my favorites, this Loaded Broccoli and Cauliflower recipe is sure to delight!
My suggestion to you; go buy a head of cauliflower and some broccoli today, you are going to want to make this!
Have a blessed weekend,
- 1 large head of Cauliflower (or whatever you have on hand)*
- 1 head of Broccoli (or whatever you have on hand)*
- 6 to 8 strips of Bacon cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 Tablespoon Butter or vegetable oil
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Colby Jack, Cheddar, Casserole mix)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat butter (or vegetable oil) over medium heat, add thinly sliced onions and saute until brown and caramelized (about 5 minutes) stirring as you go. Drain.
- Place cauliflower in a microwaveable baking dish, add ½" water and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 5 to 7 minutes or until cauliflower is tender-crisp. Remove from water and cut into small chunks.
- Do the same with broccoli, drain, cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium bowl combine bacon, onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, 1 cup shredded cheese, cauliflower and broccoli. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into 9"x13" (or round) baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Onions are optional.
Sliced mushrooms or sliced jalapeno peppers would be a good addition.
In other news, when this website goes “down” and can’t be accessed, I get an email saying “My Daily Bread Body and Soul is down.” When it is back online I get a similar email saying “it’s back up.” This happens occasionally for a variety of reasons and I don’t get too worked up over it. (Side note: This website is on much better hosting now, and it will take multiple virial threads to try and slow it down!)
But, for the past two days, I have received an unusual number of these messages. I didn’t think much about it until this morning when I signed on to the administrative part of my website. Much to my surprise I saw a graph that shows I have received between 3,000 and 4,000 new views a day to my blog since Wednesday!
What is happening? My Grandmother’s Kitchen – that’s what.
After contacting me for my permission, they posted my Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts (2.6 MILLION shares and growing) on their website and on their Facebook page. Wow! Blessings poured out on me because of the exposure this is giving this little blog that could! God is so good to me. Having Him working behind the scenes in my life is the best part of my day. Having Him front and center in my life is the greatest gift of all!
In short, sharing recipes like the Loaded Broccoli and Cauliflower one or others really helps us grow!
Be sure to share your favorites with friends on Facebook and Pinterest!
How great is Thy goodness,
Which Thou hast stored up for those who fear Thee,
Which Thou hast wrought for those who take refuge in Thee,
Before the sons of men! (Psalm 31:19 NIV)