Affiliate Disclosure: I receive a small commission for purchases made via affiliate links.
When my brother Mike and his wife Kay were coming for the weekend I had two main meals to plan. The first night of their arrival a steak dinner seemed just right. Knowing anything apple is one of my brother’s favorites, my sous-chef dish-washing mom decided to make her family favorite, Alice’s Apple Goodie Dessert. The following night we were planning a chicken kabob dinner and I wanted a light and fruity-something for dessert. I ended up using a Paula Deen fruit topping recipe I found on The Food Network. The mixture of cream cheese, fresh lemon juice, heavy whipping cream, confectioners’ sugar and chopped pecans made for a bit of sweet, and a bit of sour in this creamy, fluffy topping.
I chose raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, grapes, and bananas for the fruit mixture, although any favorite variation will work perfectly. This is such a simple yet elegant dessert with a lovely finish to just about any meal.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 ripe banana sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- In a serving bowl, combine the blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, grapes, strawberries, and banana.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and lemon juice at medium-low speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat the heavy cream at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until slightly thickened. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Gently fold into the cream cheese mixture; spread over the fruit. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Serve immediately.