Do you have cookies ready for Santa tonight? Well, I didn’t until we made a stop to visit Lee’s Aunt Mattie Lou this morning! Mattie Lou reminded me of a recipe I had given her for Snicker Doodle cookies. She said, “I made that recipe and they turned out great!”
She had them all packaged up in cute little brown paper bags with little cutouts of snowmen, Christmas bears and such. I only slightly remember even giving her the recipe and I was pretty sure I had never blogged it.
These really are melt-in-your-mouth wonderful. My Chief Santa could hardly wait until we got home to dig into them. I said, “wait! I need a picture first.” He smiled and sighed, “of course you do.” 🙂
These are super easy to make and Santa will love them! It’s not too late for this year and be sure and put them on your cookie list for New Year’s eve munching!
- 2¾ cups (360 grams) all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups (300 grams) granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (66 grams) granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Cookies: In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugar until smooth (about 2 to 3 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat in the vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and beat until you have a smooth dough. If the dough is soft, cover and refrigerate until firm (about one to two hours).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (190 degrees C) and place rack in the center of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch (2.5 cm) round balls.
- Coating: In a large shallow bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the balls of dough in the cinnamon sugar and place on the prepared pan, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Then, using the bottom of a glass, gently flatten each cookie to about ½ inch (1.5 cm) thick.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 - 10 minutes, or until they are light golden brown and firm around the edges. The centers of the cookies will still be a little soft. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Makes about 4-5 dozen cookies.
Makes 4 to 5 dozen cookies.
Recipe from: Joyofbaking.com