Affiliate Disclosure: I receive a small commission for purchases made via affiliate links.
When You Need Strength
The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2
All his laws are before me; I have not turned away from his decrees. 2 Samuel 22:23
Whew! Not even our internet gremlin kept me from giving away my first cookbook yesterday! I loved doing that and can’t wait until next MONDAY! That is your clue to put it on the calendar and be sure and stop by this blog to enter the drawing!!
“Man cannot live on sweets and appetizers alone” (or say some)! So today I am throwing in a recipe for a wonderfully healthy mid-week meal that is fast and easy to make. If you are having an office party or a pot luck this is also a great choice for the buffet table!
This chicken Asian salad combines the best of chicken for protein, spinach for color and health, red onion for a slightly sweet strong flavor, and toasted Ramen noodles and almonds for crunch! It is a great dish to take to work because you can combine it all ahead of time except for the dressing and then add the dressing before serving. I actually think some Craisins sprinkled in would give that Christmasy color and a good melding of flavors. The recipe is posted at the end of my ramblings 🙂
Looking back, the Garlic Basil Cheese Puffs are also an awesome addition to a buffet table! This savory little puff would taste fabulous with the Spinach salad too! So much good food, so little time …. Happy Eating!
Many Blessings and Happy Cooking!
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Eggs, hardboiled
- ½ cup Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Package Top Ramen, Oriental Flavor
- 1 Bag Spinach leaves, ready to use
- ½ cup Almonds, Slivered or sliced
- 8 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 tablespoon Sugar
- ¼ cup Rice Vinegar
- 4 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Seasoning packet from Oriental Top Ramen
- Heat a medium pot of water to boiling, return water to simmer and add the chicken breasts. Cook for 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Do not overcook or the chicken will become rubbery. Cool, and shred.
- Crush Top Ramen noodles into small pieces, add almonds. In a small skillet over medium heat, brown. Watch carefully as they will turn quickly in about 5 minutes.
- Chop Onions.
- Chop Eggs.
- Whisk dressing ingredients: olive oil, sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and Top Ramen seasoning packet.
- Place spinach in a large bowl, top with shredded chicken, onions, eggs, noodle/almond mixture. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Serve, passing remaining dressing separately.