Affiliate Disclosure: I receive a small commission for purchases made via affiliate links.
A Walk Through The Bible In One Year
Week 11 reading plan per day
Click on the colored link to read each day’s scripture.
Monday Joshua 1-4. Tues Joshua 5-8, Wed Joshua 9-12,
Thursday Joshua 13-16, Friday Joshua 17-20,
Saturday Joshua 21-22, Sunday Joshua 23-24
After the chicken enchilada casserole I always want something fresh and fruity to cleanse my palate. Looking around the kitchen … bananas were calling my name. Then there were the strawberries in the frig. Have you bought strawberries lately? They are plentiful, tasty and beautiful right now. I don’t know how long they will last so I suggest you buy some every time you stop by the store … like I do 🙂 Chocolate covered strawberries were on the dessert table on Easter Sunday.
Then there is a strawberry banana pie (click on the name or the picture to retrieve the recipe).
I was remembering how good that pie is, but I needed something faster and lighter than pie calories. And, I give you Strawberry Banana Parfait! Oh, so easy and so yummy. Bookmark this – summer’s coming!
Start out with strawberries and bananas. Drop the banana chips into lemon juice to keep them from turning dark.
Cook some sugar and cornstarch, adding in strawberry banana jello (regular or sugar free.)
Start with a dollop of whip cream, add some strawberries, bananas, and layer between good amounts of the thickened strawberry filling. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to a couple hours. Top with some whipped cream and serve to your happy family!
Many Blessings and Happy Cooking and Happy Shopping!
Thank you to everyone who is using my Amazon link to make your purchases at Amazon.com! I appreciate your support of my blog. If you haven’t tried it yet, just click any of the several different links and they will take you directly to your account at Amazon.com.
- 3 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1½ cup Water
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 box Strawberry-Banana Flavored Jell-O
- 6 to 8 large Fresh Strawberries, wash and sliced
- 2 large Bananas
- ¼ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- Whipped Cream for serving
- Wash strawberries and slice. Cut bananas and coat in lemon juice.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, and 1½ cups water. Set over moderate heat and simmer, whisking constantly until mixture becomes thick and clear, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Carefully and slowly stir in the jello. Continue to cook and stir until jello is dissolved and the filling is thick. Once thick, remove from heat and set aside.
- Starting with whipped cream, layer strawberries, bananas and filling. Add a whipped cream layer. Continue to layer until serving cup is full.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to a couple hours. Serve with dollop of whipped cream.