Easter is Sunday and you may have planned your dinner menu for weeks. Or then again you may be surprised that it is here already! I saw this dessert on Facebook and I have made a similar version many times. It is so quick and easy I decided to share it now if you are looking for a last-minute, make-it-fast dessert that is absolutely, finger-licking, delicious! (I always dip my finger into the whip cream, don’t you?)
A trifle is a dessert made with cake, fruit, custard, and whip cream. This dessert fits that description perfectly! My sous-chef helped me by making the angel food cake, but a store-bought cake works fine.
The cake is torn or cut into small pieces. I made sugar-free, fat-free vanilla pudding, thawed some frozen strawberries, and used Cool Whip for the whipped cream.
The trifle can be layered with cake, strawberries, pudding, then whip cream. I like to fold the whip cream into the pudding and use the mixture as one layer, which is what I did for these individual parfaits.
This takes only minutes to make and needs refrigerated for at least 4 hours or even better, over night.
Happy Easter and Sweet Blessings!
- 1 Angel food cake
- 24 oz. Container frozen strawberries, sliced with sugar added, thawed
- 3 cups Vanilla pudding, instant, cooked, or sugar-free, fat-free
- 16 oz. Container of whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- Fresh strawberries to garnish
- Tear angel food cake into small to medium size pieces
- Mix 3 cups of vanilla pudding with 12 oz. of Cool Whip, leaving 4 oz of Cool Whip for topping.
- Using a large clear glass bowl, or individual parfait glasses, begin layering cake, strawberries, and pudding/cool whip mixture.
- Continue irregular layers, filling the bowl.
- Top entire dessert with solid layer of reserved Cool Whip. Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours before serving.