Affiliate Disclosure: I receive a small commission for purchases made via affiliate links.
Easter is Sunday and you may have planned your dinner menu for weeks. Or then again you may be surprised that it is here already! I saw this dessert on Facebook and I have made a similar version many times. It is so quick and easy I decided to share it now if you are looking for a last-minute, make-it-fast dessert that is absolutely, finger-licking, delicious! (I always dip my finger into the whip cream, don’t you?)
A trifle is a dessert made with cake, fruit, custard, and whip cream. This dessert fits that description perfectly! My sous-chef helped me by making the angel food cake, but a store-bought cake works fine.
The cake is torn or cut into small pieces. I made sugar-free, fat-free vanilla pudding, thawed some frozen strawberries, and used Cool Whip for the whipped cream.
The trifle can be layered with cake, strawberries, pudding, then whip cream. I like to fold the whip cream into the pudding and use the mixture as one layer, which is what I did for these individual parfaits.
This takes only minutes to make and needs refrigerated for at least 4 hours or even better, over night.
- 1 Angel food cake
- 24 oz. Container frozen strawberries, sliced with sugar added, thawed
- 3 cups Vanilla pudding, instant, cooked, or sugar-free, fat-free
- 16 oz. Container of whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- Fresh strawberries to garnish
- Tear angel food cake into small to medium size pieces
- Mix 3 cups of vanilla pudding with 12 oz. of Cool Whip, leaving 4 oz of Cool Whip for topping.
- Using a large clear glass bowl, or individual parfait glasses, begin layering cake, strawberries, and pudding/cool whip mixture.
- Continue irregular layers, filling the bowl.
- Top entire dessert with solid layer of reserved Cool Whip. Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours before serving.