Affiliate Disclosure: I receive a small commission for purchases made via affiliate links.
Happy Monday! Thank you to everyone who has taken time to “like” my new Facebook Fan page. If you haven’t checked it out yet, click HERE to see what’s new at http://www.facebook.com/praycookblog!
Here are the verses through this week. If you are just starting …no problem. Jump right in, you can
always read the first chapters at the beginning of next year! Blessings!
Walk Through The Bible In One Year
Week 17 reading plan per day
Click on the colored link to read each day’s scripture.
Monday 1 Chronicles 1-2 , Tues 1 Chronicles 3-5,
Wed 1 Chronicles 6-7, Thursday 1 Chronicles 8-10,
Friday 1 Chronicles 11-17 ,
Saturday 1 Chronicles 18-23,
Sunday 1 Chronicles 24-26
Blessings as you read!
We are just a week away from Memorial Day. It is the annual holiday that typically signals the beginning of summer. Swimming pools open, picnics in the park, BBQ dinners on the patio and lots of fun in the sun! A couple of weeks ago I was thinking about BBQ when Laurie at Simply Scratch posted a Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sandwich recipe. It seems Laurie bought a new crock pot and discovered how wonderfully it cooks meat to be shredded. I had chicken in the freezer, some homemade BBQ sauce in the frig, a crock pot and an unopened canned of Chipotle peppers in adobe sauce. Perfect! Now, just in time for your Memorial Day foodfests, ready … set … go! You are gonna love how easy and delicious this is.
I always use chicken breasts, but your favorite pieces of chicken will work wonderfully in this recipe. Trim off any excess fat from the boneless-skinless chicken and arrange them in the bottom of your slow cooker.
This chicken will be moist and easily pulls apart between two forks. Once shredded return the chicken back to the pot and let cool down slightly. As this cools the sauce will thicken around the chicken. Serve on your favorite hoagie or multi-grain bun.
Just in case you like the idea of shredding the chicken but aren’t in the mood for BBQ — check out this recipe for an amazing Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
Have a blessed week and happy cooking!
- 2 lb Boneless, skinless chicken
- 3 cup Homemade or Commercial BBQ Sauce
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Chipotle Pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon Adobo Sauce
- 4-6 Hoagie Roll or buns
- Trim off any excess fat from the boneless-skinless chicken and arrange them in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Combine the homemade barbecue sauce (or purchased sauce) with the minced garlic, chipotles, and adobo sauce. Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked and falling apart.
- Turn off the heat to the slow cooker, remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Return back to the pot, stir and let cook down so the sauce can thicken up, about 15 minutes.
- Serve on hoagie or multi-grain bun. Enjoy!