My good friend Sue recently moved from Nebraska to Washington State. I was wondering how her move was going when I got this email and picture:
“You’ve got to make this pumpkin bread. I always use Libbey’s pumpkin. You gunna love it cuz it tastes great and makes such nice gifts too.”
She had me at “You gotta make this.” Okay, Sue is in her new kitchen, she is sending me recipes, all is well again. 🙂
I did exactly what any good friend would do — went to the store, bought some pumpkin (and sugar – I was completely out) and I made pumpkin bread.
Oh my gosh this stuff is good.
I added the Brown Sugar Cream Cheese just for fun!
You outta make this — it is crazy good!
John 15:12-15 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.
- 5 cups sifted flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 29 oz. canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups finely chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 2 - 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all dry ingredients in mixer bowl. Add pumpkin, melted butter, and chopped nuts. On medium speed mix thoroughly.
- Scoop batter into two pans that have been oiled and floured.*
- Bake at 350 degrees F. about one hour until bread is done in the middle.
- Cool for 5 minutes and then remove from pan onto wire rack to finish cooling.
3 thoughts on “Fantastic Pumpkin Bread with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Spread”
Hmmm looks great, but that’s alot alot of sugar! You did say it contains no oil or eggs, but does have 2 sticks of butter so that would make it very moist and buttery!!
Ah Becky, you are so right about the oil … butter! My bad. I think it is alot of sugar too, and I was thinking the next batch I may cut it by 1/3 and see if it is noticeable. But for this batch I made as the recipe said and it really is sweetly divine.
This sounds good! Have to have cream cheese with pumpkin bead!