I’ve just got a minute and that seems long enough to
brag, I mean blog about my sous-chef dish-washing mom. Last week she made her delicious Alice’s Apple Goodie dessert and I mentioned she is adding a dessert-a-week to our dining menu.
But yesterday I had a Servant Team meeting all morning for Community Bible Study. We had invited guests for dinner and I planned to do some fast cooking in the afternoon. But my sous-chef dish-washing mom said, “I’ll make White Chicken Chili and bake a cake” and that is exactly what she did.
This soup is yummy and warm and its luscious goodness reminded me that I should re-share this recipe with you. It is easy and works well in the Crock Pot. Diced chilies give it a nice “ump” and the chicken and beans make it a healthy high protein hit!
Tonight we had leftover white chicken chili. Is it possible it was even better than the first bowl? (Yes!) We sprinkled a bit of cheese on top for a little leftover glitz! Yummy!
Happy Soup Season,
- 1 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breast*
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 2 can Great Northern White Beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 oz Chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 - 4 ounce can Diced Green chilies
- ½ cup Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 packet McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning
- In a large saucepan, heat oil to medium high. Saute chicken, chopped onions and McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning Packet, until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add beans, chilies, cayenne pepper, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer (uncovered) for at least 30 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in sour cream and whipping cream.*
- Serve immediately.